MWH Constructors Senior Project Manager - Commercial Tenant Improvement in Aloha, Hillsboro, Oregon
MWH Constructors is seeking a Senior Project Manager to provide management direction for small, medium, and large sized commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance projects for a large national semiconductor firm in Aloha, OR. This PM will be an operationally minded and client-facing professional whom can make critical on-site construction decisions in real time. At the same time, the PM will develop and maintain productive and trusted relationships with the client and related stakeholders.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
• Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
• Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
• General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Plan, organize and staff key field positions or subordinate project managers.
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts, to facilitate preconstruction and construction activities. Manage design consultants, architects and engineers to ensure design outputs are fit-for-purpose, cost effective and meet scope of work objectives, standards and client specifications.
• Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site construction managers and superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
• Represent Company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
• Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the Client.
• Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the MWHC Management Administration Plan prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
• Assure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
• Ensure that project invoicing and payments are received and issued in accordance with Program policies.
• Procurement of materials thru Purchase Agreements and Contracts.
• Oversee Change Management, Cost Estimating, revenue and Cost Forecasting and Scheduling.
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
Senior Project Manager - Commercial Tenant Improvement
• 10-12+ years of construction, design, finance, and management experience/knowledge required on commercial and industrial buildings as a Project Manager.
• Management responsibility generally limited to several medium or multiple small sized projects.
• Bachelors in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience and training/education.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital.
• Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
• Strong business-orientation required. Proven experience and judgment.
Construction, Facilities, Project Management
• Technology related manufacturing experience as it relates to facility design, construction, and management including cleanrooms and laboratories.
• General maintenance and on-call service experience for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Oregon - Aloha, United States - Oregon - Hillsboro