Stantec Graduate Quantity Surveyor - 2019 Graduate Autumn Intake in Brighton, Derby, Glasgow, Peterborough, Rickmansworth, Salford, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
To continue with our growth plans for 2019 and beyond we are searching for Graduate Quantity Surveyors to join our Professional Development Programme for our autumn 2019 intake. We have opportunities at our offices in Peterborough, Derby, Glasgow, Manchester, Rickmansworth and Falmer.
MWH Treatment is a £250M per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Working within a specific framework/alliance, you will support the commercial teams by providing assistance in the following;
• Administrating our contracts and issuing the correct contractual notices
• Producing integrated cost forecasts for projects
• Managing commercial issues related to withheld, disputed or disallowed costs
• Assisting with resolution of disputes and learning negotiation strategies
• Assisting with subcontract preparation following procurement
• Assessing interim and final accounts
• Pricing additional and varied works
We know our continuing success and development depends on yours, so we go all the way when it comes to giving you the support you need to be the very best. In return you can expect the following;
• A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments.
• A mentor dedicated to you to support and guide your development.
• Opportunity to work on diverse projects where you can make a real difference to the world we live in.
• Continuous improvement and professional development.
• Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts.
• Responsibility for your own achievements.
• The tools and support you need to realise your ambitions including achieving professional status with the relevant professional institution.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor - 2019 Graduate Autumn Intake
• Preferably a degree in Quantity Surveying but we will consider other RICS accredited degrees (minimum 2.2)
• Successful candidates will need to be flexible and willing to spend time in other offices. This is to gain a full understanding of new projects and different clients, which will provide fresh experiences and support your development.
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential and you must be able to work well within a team and independently. You will be self – motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem solving skills.
• You will also have a strong client service focus and excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task. Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office are essential.
• Candidates will also need to have a full UK driving license or in the process of taking their driving test.
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
UK-Cambridgeshire-Peterborough, UK-East Midlands-Derby, UK-Greater Manchester–Salford, UK-Hertfordshire-Rickmansworth, UK-Scotland-Glasgow, UK-West Sussex-Falmer
Cambridgeshire, East Midlands, Flexible, Greater Manchester, Hertfordshire, Scotland, Sussex
Brighton, Derby, Glasgow, Peterborough, Rickmansworth, Salford