MWH Constructors Senior Commercial Manager (Southern Water) in Brighton, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with a Senior Commercial Manager for our CMDP joint venture framework. Based at the Falmer (Brighton) office you will provide commercial support and leadership to projects/contracts and ensure that commercial discipline is maintained throughout the framework duration.
CMDP is a joint venture between MWH Treatment and Costain and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Commercial Director and the responsibilities will include:
• Working within an integrated Joint Venture arrangement to deliver JV P&L
• Manage the commercial team and oversee commercial aspects within the framework
• Report to the Commercial & Framework Director on commercial performance & process, procurement issues and report any areas of concern or opportunity
• Act as the focal point within the area for the monitoring of contract variations and proposed changes to the contract
• Identifying contractual risks for management throughout the contract
• Development of commercial reports
• Financial Reporting – weekly and monthly reviews and cost control / forecasting.
• Forecast resource needs based on transition period and BAU forecast demands.
• Provide leadership, direction and strategy for the commercial section in line with the joint venture vision, goals, objectives and targets.
• Support the review of the commercial reporting systems and recommend changes as required
• Work with the estimating team to ensure the TC setting and commercial strategies are aligned.
Senior Commercial Manager (Southern Water)
• A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
• BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
• NEC3 Contract experience
• Preferably previous water/construction experience within a joint venture environment
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):