MWH Constructors Benefits and Compensation Analyst in Broomfield, Colorado
MWH Constructors, a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy offering single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods, is currently seeking a Benefits and Compensation Analyst with a broad and diverse set of skills and experiences across the HR spectrum, specifically with benefit and 401(k) administration, compensation, reporting and analytics, and general HRIS support.
This position is responsible for the administration and maintenance of benefits and compensation programs which support the company’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented employees.
• Perform research, analysis and make recommendations to support changes or improvements to the benefits plan design.
• Complete processing/uploading of demographic and payroll files between benefit providers and payroll.
• Support benefits training to HR staff.
• Support or manage various project implementations such as eligibility, enrollment system, leave of absence administration, new service award program, etc.
• Serve as an escalation point of contact for employee questions related to benefits and retirement.
• Serve as the main communications point of contact to our benefit providers and third-party partners.
• Process and audit benefit vendor billing.
• Responsible for various reporting, verifications, and benefits processes.
• Perform periodic audits of both the benefit and retirement plans.
• Participate in benefits market surveys which provide the company with benchmark data on its market competitiveness.
• Assist with annual enrollment planning and implementation, as well as coordination of internal communications.
• Assist in the administration of the 401(k) retirement plan, including processing and funding contribution files to the plans record-keeper and assistance with annual audit process.
• Develop, implement and maintain base compensation programs, as well as job structures to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness of the company.
• Complete salary market surveys.
• Partner with recruitment to maintain job descriptions which accurately reflect key duties and responsibilities used for position evaluation purposes.
• Review key job duties and accountabilities to determine appropriate FLSA classifications to ensure the company is compliant with federal and state laws.
• Provide compensation data that enables managers to make informed decisions when making job offers and recommending promotional increases.
• Participate in compensation surveys and utilize third-party partners’ data analytics/reporting to determine market competitiveness and provide recommendations to senior management.
• Review market data trends to identify projected growth in compensation, merit increase pay and salary structure adjustments.
• Identify relevant market data and trends regarding executive compensation.
• Assist HR and payroll team members with technical issues related to HRIS systems by investigating problems and developing resolutions.
• Ensure that processes and procedures adhere to defined audit and internal controls.
• Support new requests for new data fields and additions to user defined tables.
• Maintain and manage specific set-up for position ID’s, benefits plans and HR tables.
• Help resolve issues with employee information not flowing correctly into ancillary systems.
• Deliver standard and adhoc reporting and analytics for HR, including but not limited to headcount reports, turnover, affirmative action, etc.
• Partner closely with outsourced and third-party providers to optimize the integration of interfaces and feeds.
• Create process documentation for HR transactions related to benefits, retirement, compensation and HR-related systems.
• Partner with IT to review current ancillary system and data feeds and makes improvements as needed.
Benefits and Compensation Analyst
• Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and work experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience in the analysis, design, and administration of benefits and compensation programs.
• Experience in Leave of Absence administration including Federal and state sponsored FMLA, company disability programs and other LOA related legislation and policies.
• Experience with supporting HR system feeds.
• Strong experience/skills in Microsoft Office products, in particular advanced capabilities is Excel, such as advanced formulas, tables and formatting, pivot tables and pivot reporting, VLOOKUP, data tables, etc.
• Excellent communication and consultative skills, including strong documentation skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and manage a fluctuating workload.
• Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team setting.
• Willingness to perform data entry duties.
• Excellent customer service skills to include timely and substantive follow-up.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lead small scale projects and change initiatives.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Business Support, Human Resources
• Experience in the engineering or construction industry.
• Experience working with third-party vendors in benefits and compensation, including brokers, plan administrators, carriers and benefit administrators (Benefits Solver).
• Experience with Davis Bacon and prevailing wages.
MWH Constructors is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):