MWH Constructors Electrical Estimator – new grad or trainee in Broomfield, Colorado
MWH Constructors is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Electrical Estimator position to support construction water/wastewater projects in the Western United States. This is an entry level or trainee position for an individual to be trained and grow on an Electrical Estimating path. This position will be located in our Broomfield, CO corporate office. This role may require some regional travel. The anticipated start timeframe for this role is early 2019.
The Electrical Estimator under guidance, will be responsible for the following:
• Prepare cost estimates on proposals, projects and studies and ensure that the content of the estimate is complete, accurate and meets the requirements of the Estimating Manager.
• Coordinate and review the variable estimating factors in each area with Engineering, Procurement and Operations.
• Provide technical advice and assistance to the Estimating Manager in the preparation of all levels of estimates ranging in scope and complexity.
• Assist the Estimating Manager with an independent assessment of an estimate’s accuracy (upon completion of the estimate and summarization of all detailed man-hours, material, construction and home office costs).
• Coordinate the performance of pricing structure development and application to takeoffs, derived quantities, quantity assumption, and cost allowances.
• Obtain and verify construction quotations for facilitation of construction projects, addenda’s and contract changes.
• Obtain and verify subcontractor questions for construction projects and ensures compliance with construction documents.
• Compile and analyze bids. Must be able to understand and help develop Work Breakdown Structure Codes, Cost and Resource Loading.
• Develop reports for all review processes.
• Provide constructability reviews and guidance to the operations team to ensure the preliminary costs of the projects.
Electrical Estimator – new grad or trainee
• Possess a 4-year Construction Management, Engineering degree, or equivalent field experience in construction project environments.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline desirable.
• Ability to perform trigonometric and geometric calculations, either manually or with calculator.
• Interfaces and communicates effectively with others.
• Must be proficient in using MS Word, and Excel
• 0 - 2 years of relevant estimating experience. Exposure to estimating or construction, especially on heavy construction projects or with a large general contractor, is highly desirable
• Electrical construction experience a plus
• Field experience
• Knowledge or experience in CMAR, CMS, Design-Build or Hard-Dollar estimates
• Cost control and scheduling exposure is a plus
• Timberline Estimating database and software knowledge is a plus
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):