MWH Constructors Assistant Superintendent - Commercial Tenant Improvement in Chandler, Arizona
MWH Constructors is seeking an Assistant Superintendent to run Commercial Office Tenant Improvement projects for a large national semiconductor firm headquartered in Chandler, AZ. Projects are fast paced, detail oriented and require a highly motivated professional with an excellent work ethic. This position requires the individual to have excellent management, verbal and written communication skills as it will require direct interaction with the client's management team
This position is for Chandler, AZ.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
The Superintendent is responsible for supporting projects from contract award throughout final punch-list closeout. Typical projects are approximately 80,000 sf of Design-Build Commercial Tenant Improvement. They support various teams, including the scheduling and oversight of field staff.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of MWHC personnel and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Coordinate assigned work with work of different construction professionals, company departments, or other contractors. Oversee the performance and training of project teams and subcontractors. Maintain subcontractor relationships.
• Manage multiple large commercial construction projects simultaneously.
• Help develop, maintain and enforce schedule, ensure that all project objectives and milestones are met.
• Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor construction compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Assist with project pursuits in evaluation of construction scope(s), assessing appropriate manpower and work sequencing.
• Prepare daily activity plans to assure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place to ensure that the following days’ work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
• Ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Support close-out process.
• Perform additional assignments per Project Manager's direction.
Assistant Superintendent - Commercial Tenant Improvement
• At least four years of construction field experience including work with subcontractors or experience as a Foreman or General Foreman of a single craft; any commercial tenant improvement project experience would be a plus
• Safety oriented
• Knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety, quality and schedule
• Leadership – able to lead a diverse, multi-faceted project team to achieve project goals. Relationship builder. Motivator. Drive the project.
• Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with labor and subcontractors
• Problem-solver – ability to anticipate problems and institute corrective measures when necessary
• Quality driven – outstanding track record in completing projects on time and under budget
• Excellent record keeping skills
Construction, Facilities, Field Work, Project Management
• Experience supporting commercial tenant construction projects as a Superintendent with a General Contractor
• Possess working knowledge and experience with large tenant improvement projects and shall have the ability to evaluate and compare alternatives for a variety of construction activities as related to interior construction/renovation/floor flip projects
• Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling experience
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):