MWH Constructors Construction Project Engineer in Chandler, Arizona
MWH Constructors, providing industry-leading capital construction services, is seeking a qualified Project Engineer candidate to support commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance projects. Selected individuals will provide technical support to project management and project supervision staff to ensure design and construction work is performed efficiently, on schedule and in accordance to company policy and engineering standards. This position will be based in Chandler, AZ.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
• Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
• Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
• General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assist with subcontractor procurement and management, package development, construction layout, material and equipment procurement, submittal review, manpower scheduling, quantity takeoffs, labor productivity reporting, document controls, material purchases, deliveries and inventory, and project controls.
• Perform ongoing Quality Inspections; verify all completed work complies with applicable permits, codes, drawings, and specifications.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as materials and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
• Prepare drawings and sketching’s to support construction work, temporary works, work method statements, change orders, estimates, etc.
• Prepare/facilitate and submit work method statements, ensure requisite approvals and permits are obtained prior to work commencement.
• Research; recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors initiate RFI’s and follow through to resolution.
• Layout and provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
• Establish and implement office procedures as they relate to the administration of construction contracts.
• Implement projects controls for distribution and record keeping of correspondence, technical records, and other project documents.
• Review all incoming correspondence and initiate action on it, record minutes of the weekly and monthly project site meeting, review and process the Contractor’s pay applications, review of the project schedule, process RFI’s and produce weekly and monthly construction progress reports.
• Ensure Project management systems are maintained up-to-date and accurate
• Assist with review and analyze Contractor claims, prepare change orders, and manage claims and change order records.
• Assist estimating staff with quantity takeoffs and solicitation of subcontractors and material vendors.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees but following the company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assist in resolving construction problem/issues and perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
Construction Project Engineer
• 2-5 years of construction, design, and management experience/knowledge required on commercial and industrial buildings.
• Bachelors in Construction Management or Engineering degree from an ACCE or ABET accredited school.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
• Ability to assume responsibility, and interfaces and communicates effectively with others.
Construction, Facilities, Project Management
• Experience with technology for manufacturing as it relates to facility design, construction, and management including cleanrooms and laboratories.
• General maintenance and on-call service experience for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
MWH Constructors is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to clients and their local communities through customized project delivery, MWH Constructors provides single-source, integrated design and construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, their multi-disciplined team of engineering and construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, wastewater-based energy construction, and capital construction services.
Stantec is an EEO employer – Stantec considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):