Stantec Construction Manager (Anglian Water) in Flexible, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their delivery team with a Construction Manager for our @one Alliance framework. Based within the Anglian water region you will accountable for the successful delivery of construction activities in line with the client’s capital delivery Index.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for enabling construction activities required from the strategy, including design integration, IProcT, tier 2 engagement and integration/collaboration
• Responsible for ensuring constructability, assembly and utilisation of industrialised construction techniques throughout the life of a project
• Responsible for setting and delivering the best ‘build’ strategy for a project or programme of works
• Request resources from the operations manager in a timely manner to meet programme demands
• Work closely with the quantity surveyor and planner to forecast out turn cost / programme and monitor costs with a robust monthly CVR / project review
• Provide the senior management team with progress reports, HSQE performance and support at meetings
• Responsible for development of the construction phase plan, including the quality of content, and ensuring the appropriate level of sign-off has been completed prior to commencing on site
• Utilise standard products and principles of assembly where possible (as identified by the teams), be open to innovative ideas and techniques
• Ensure the site management team are focused to meet internal and external customer requirements and project objectives - provide overall guidance and management to ensure project success
Construction Manager (Anglian Water)
• Relevant CSCS Card, SMSTS, NRSWA Supervisor, Water Hygiene and hold a First Aid certificate
• Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software)
• Previous experience within a construction environment
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment
• Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training
MWH Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):