Stantec General Foreman (Thames Water) in Flexible, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their site delivery team with a General Foreman for our SMB joint venture framework. Working within the Thames Water region you will support the Site Agent to coordinate the safe management of a section of work on major projects or control all site activities on a smaller project ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are set.
SMB, the joint venture between MWH Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames Water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Site Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring and implementing all matters relating to health and safety and the environment
• Ensuring current and future work activities are planned and resources available (plant & labour)
• Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identifying training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
• Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme
• Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce
• Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme
• Ensure all records for example inspections, work permits, and briefings are up to date and in place
• Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections
• Keep a full accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractor’s attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client/designer/RE/project team
General Foreman (Thames Water)
• Vocational training
• Understanding and experience of construction techniques and best practices
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Training in health & safety and environmental management
• Previous experience in a similar role within the water treatment industry
MWH Treatment is a integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):