MWH Constructors Resident Engineer - Southern California in Irvine, Los Angeles, California
MWH Constructors, a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Resident Engineer to support our project work in Southern California.
The Resident Engineer will oversee the appointed project field inspection staff and support service consultants to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the project plans and specifications, as well as requirements of the contract and the expectations of the client. The Resident Engineer is the primary interface and coordination point for field progress between the owner and the contractor and with the engineer of record and regulatory representatives.
• Attend all pre-construction meetings in support of the Construction Manager.
• Organize and chair weekly progress meetings.
• Review plans, specifications, and shop drawings to identify and resolve any potential issues with the contractor.
• Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for the Construction Manager.
• Monitor and control to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
• Evaluate contractor’s detailed cost proposals and develop preliminary cost estimate.
• Provide a daily review of project documentation for items such as inspections, daily reports, photographs, and material deliveries.
• Ensure accurate field records are being maintained, such as daily reports, test reports, and as-built drawings.
• Prepare trend reporting for any issues impacting the construction progress or potential change management issues.
• Identify potential items of risk or claims arising from, or as a result of, contractor activities.
• Serve as the primary project interface with the community in which the project is being constructed. Proactively coordinate contractor activities with community needs.
• Assist Construction Manager in implementation of company safety program. Follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner that ensures personal safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees.
• Attend industry networking events.
Resident Engineer - Southern California
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil, mechanical or electrical), construction management, or equivalent degree.
• 5 years of experience on municipal water and/or wastewater infrastructure projects, such as treatment plants, pump stations, pipelines, tunnels, etc.
• Experience in medium/high voltage electrical, instrumentation, and controls on wastewater treatment plants.
• CCM or PMP required, however consideration will be given to candidates willing to gain CCM or PMP within 18 months.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), union jurisdiction, labor agreements, and negotiations.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, supervisory and planning skills.
• Knowledge of business practices and project P/L.
• Familiarity with data management software.
• Professional Engineering license preferred.
• Experience with Primavera P6 / Microsoft Project.
MWH Constructors is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-Los Angeles
Irvine, Los Angeles