MWH Constructors Mechanical Superintendent in Klamath Falls, Oregon
Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors Inc., is currently seeking a Mechanical Superintendent to join our team at a project site in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Supervise, plan, and order for, mechanical and process equipment installation. This will include submittal review and mark up for constructability, Work plans and scheduling for installations, and scheduling of manpower needs.
• Maintain safe conduct of Slayden employees and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Solely represent Slayden on-site for meetings and discussions with clients, local agencies and subcontractors.
• Plan and supervise employees and subcontractors’ activities. Includes reviewing method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
• Plan the daily and weekly activities for each Mechanical craft.
• Coordinate assigned work with work of employees and different subcontractors.
• Maintain liaison with engineering and project management to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor employee and subcontractor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Maintain liaison with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support subcontractors and project schedule.
• Review employee and subcontractors’ daily activity plans to assure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place to assure that the following days’ work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of all site workers by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Inspect work to ensure quality and project specifications are met.
• Perform additional assignments per project manager's direction.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising/managing heavy mechanical construction projects
• Knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.), with a strong knowledge specifically in mechanical piping and equipment systems in Water and Wastewater Facilities.
• Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling knowledge
• Knowledge of computer systems and programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Working understanding of CPM scheduling techniques
• Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with Owner and subcontractors
• Experience with Project closeout and punchlist management
• Safety oriented, OSHA training preferred
• Special experience and expertise with water/wastewater projects preferred
Slayden is a leader in the construction industry, with a primary focus on water and wastewater infrastructure. Slayden is built on strong values, hard work and a commitment to getting the job done right. The success of our company is best expressed through our efforts to provide a safe work place with respected employees and a committed management team. Our approach has provided steady growth in work volume, successful career development for personnel, and an extensive list of satisfied clients for more than 30 years.
Slayden Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-Oregon-Klamath Falls