MWH Constructors Planner (Anglian Water) in Peterborough, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their planning team with a Planner for our @one Alliance framework. Based from the office in Peterborough you will be expected to provide and maintain a robust plan, drive the core delivery team to deliver the project on time in alignment with agreed delivery strategy.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
You will report directly to the planning manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Provide robust challenge to the delivery team in relation to project performance
• Ensure planning practices & standards are consistent across each individual project
• Lead the Plan for Stage process including development of robust delivery plans & understand constraints & sequences
• Ensure project production is in line with the rates used to create the plan
• Responsible for the implementation of Alliance planning polices & procedures as defined by the Planning Manager
• Create a relevant plan for the project taking into account all administration, design, assembly, commissioning & closeout elements. Must have knowledge of construction activities & understand the Totex Delivery Process
• Develop & maintain the accuracy of each plan through a collaborative approach to ensure collective ownership & buy in from all relevant stakeholders & suppliers
• Facilitate the coming together of different elements of the plan supplied by relevant suppliers & stakeholders, continually monitoring performance and managing the interfaces between each of them
• Work closely with the IPL, PDM, PCM, Technical Manager & Construction Manager to accurately influence and predict project performance.
• Drive the early warning process by proactively identifying potential delivery risks before they occur and develop mitigation plans
• Analyse and manipulate the plans to utilise synergies across the programme of work that generate efficiencies
• Improve delivery performance through regular site attendance
• Ensure the importance of the critical path activities & the sensitivity of other activities are communicated to the relevant stakeholders & these are being acted on by the delivery team
• Understand the sub-contractor scope & plan to ensure the required performance is delivered & any under performance is highlighted in advance
Planner (Anglian Water)
• Qualification in project management, planning, or construction management
(Or able to demonstrate the aptitude and mindset that could quickly be up and running)
• Knowledge and experience of multi-discipline design, construct and commission projects
• Experienced in using Primavera – P6 preferred
• Focus on a programme not just a single project
• Understand the impact of change on the project, the programme, cost and resource
MWH Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):