MWH Constructors Quantity Surveyor (Anglian Water) in Peterborough, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their commercial team with a Quantity Surveyor for our @one Alliance framework. Based at our Peterborough office you will be accountable for the commercial and cost management of a project or programme of projects from inception through to close out.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the estimating team to ensure robust estimates are provided that align to scope
• Subcontracts are properly prepared and reflect agreed scope
• Subcontracts are managed in accordance with contract requirements including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, compensation events, programme submissions etc.
• Work closely with the procurement team to develop and monitor procurement strategy.
• Ensure actual costs are monitored and assessed against baseline, value of work done, solution cost progress, affordability challenges and final outturn calculations.
• Provide reports on actual costs v estimate and identifying underlying reasons for any variance and resolutions, in particular highlight, challenge and resolve variance to latest plans.
• Ensure that all project team members understand the contractual arrangements, in order to satisfy client and partner organisation requirements.
• Work with the delivery team to ensure project and programme risk mitigation plans are considered, put in place & administered.
• Working in collaboration with the delivery team to identify implement & monitor efficiency plans throughout the lifecycle of a project or programme of projects.
• Final accounts are prepared timely and accurately
Quantity Surveyor (Anglian Water)
• Studying towards membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution
• Degree level in quantity surveying
• Knowledge of NEC3 Option C form of contract
• Previous experience within a construction environment
• A knowledge of water/wastewater treatment industry
MWH Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):