MWH Constructors Technical Manager (Anglian Water) in Peterborough, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their engineering team with a Technical Manager for our @one Alliance framework. Based from the Peterborough office, you will be accountable for the technical resource delivery at programme & project level.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
You will report directly to the Programme Area Design Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Plan all technical aspects of the programme & projects, working with the IPL & Solutions Manager (SM), to assist in the formation of a design strategy, ensuring that this is adhered, supported by a Plan for Stage involving the wider team.
• Ensure rigorous application of the Risk & Value process & challenge technical solutions to provide best value. At all times the strategy shall include the Enabling team to ensure that all relevant enabling activities are undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Be responsible to the PDM for delivering and coordinating all technical aspects of the project in accordance with the plan. Work with the Discipline Head (DH) to agree technical resource required, forecast & manage resource costs throughout the project.
• Ensure that any and all external design works are undertaken by suitably qualified and experienced teams which are provided with clearly defined scope culminating in agreed costs and timescales. Work with the IPL and Project Delivery Manager (PDM) to monitor and report on the technical team’s progress on all required deliverables - advise any deviation from schedule or budget. Attend production meetings and, where needed, chair design meetings
• Drive excellence in Health & Safety in design, ensuring a culture of safer by design by eliminating hazards & risks wherever possible.
• Provide clear and concise information about any remaining risks which the construction teams or end user will need to be aware of.
• Ensure pre construction information and design risk assessments are completed, compliant with CDM and the requirements of AW's Safe and Well procedures.
• Support the Engineering Manager and champion the Benefit by Design business case objectives, ensuring that, wherever possible, designs are driven by Standard Products or Proven Designs.
• Manage your key stakeholders and provide technical liaison with the end-user & construction manager..
• Work with the DHs to ensure that all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards and specifications.
Technical Manager (Anglian Water)
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Have previous experience within a similar role
• Relevant Engineering degree
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):