Stantec Commercial Assistant (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their commercial team with a Commercial Assistant for our SMB joint venture framework. Based out of the Maple Lodge office (Rickmansworth) you will ensure compliance with eight2O standards and procedures in respect of commercial activities.
SMB, the joint venture between MWH Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and the responsibilities will include:
• Provide support for the subcontract procurement and management
• Collate information and provide support for the management and procurement of subcontractors in accordance with the company procedures
• Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues if required
• Working in compliance with and managing the contract management tools ie…. Cemar, IFS or any such other management tool as required.
• Data management of internal costing and contract systems along with clients management tools
• Measuring and quantifying works for the cost plan validation
• Completing interim and final account valuations
• Build relationships with a wide range of people including subcontractors and client representatives
• Evaluate site measurement and records, day work sheets, labour and plant returns
• Assist in the management of Subcontractor accounts, including review of applications for payment and issuing of payment notices
• Assist in producing and analysing cost and value reports against forecast in conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor
• Attend periodic F&R (Forecast & Review) meetings with Commercial and Operational teams when requested
• Assist in the preparation of EWN’s and CE’s as required by the Senior Quantity Surveyor;
• Administer Contractor/Subcontractor change control procedures;
• Assist in gathering information to enable responses to the Clients audit queries
Commercial Assistant (Thames Water)
• Commercial and financial awareness
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages
• Quality orientation
• Problem solving and analysis
• Planning and organising
• NEC3 knowledge and experience
• Water industry experience
• Civils experience
• Accounting, Finance or QS Background
Environmental Health & Safety
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):