Stantec Lead Planner (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Planning team with a Lead Planner for our SMB joint venture framework. Based at the Borehamwood office you will manage and oversee a team of planners to maintain a standard that ensures consistency in schedule definition and development and delivers integrated strategic and sub programme plans.
SMB, the joint venture between MWH Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames Water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Planning Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Work with the project managers to lead the delivery planning of infrastructure projects within a defined planning framework.
• Work with the alliance programme controls lead and teams in schedule development and milestone definition, in managing the alignment of scope, time and cost, coding, resource loading, applying logic and establishing performance measurement baselines to record and track progress on schedules.
• Ensure month end reporting process is supported and achieved by the project teams
• Promote the development and coordination of schedules at project level assuming alignment and integration
• Apply critical path analysis and minimise organisational risk by identifying the critical path for contracts
• Enable project management to control the progress of contracts by identifying and producing integrated programme work, monitoring performance against plans and identifying problem areas and other effects.
• Enable resource planning and levelling by appropriate resource analysis of contracts
• Enable control of the progress of procurement by producing schedules for all materials and equipment, updating regularly and analysing the implications of updates
• Regularly consult with project teams to ensure an accurate understanding of the work issues and representation of project status
Lead Planner (Thames Water)
• Staff management experience
• Civil Engineering/Infrastructure experience
• Extensive P6 planning experience
• Possess sound understanding of planning skills and programming
• Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline
Project Planning and Controls
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):