MWH Constructors Quantity Surveyor (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with a Quantity Surveyor for our SMB joint venture framework. Based from the Maple Lodge (Rickmansworth) office, you will provide commercial support for a project, working closely with the operational teams and provide commercial guidance at various phases of a project.
SMB, the joint venture between MWH Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames Water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and the responsibilities will include:
• Cost and Value management
• Assist with preparation, maintenance and agreement of Project accounts
• Assist with providing commercial and financial reporting information
• Ensure compliance with eight20 standards and procedures in respect of Commercial activities
• Subcontract procurement and management
• Assist with claims management
• Assist with control of project documentation
• Recording and assisting with management of change
• Management and Procurement of Subcontractors in accordance with the company procedures
• Ensure that sub-contract payments are calculated in accordance with procedures and legislation
• Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc
• Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc . Coordinate any responses required with Commercial Management.
Quantity Surveyor (Thames Water)
• Degree or HNC/HND or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject
• Relevant commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Proficient in general IT application such as word, Excel, Access etc
• NEC3 knowledge and experience
• Water industry experience
• Civils ecperience
• M&E experience
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):