Stantec Senior Quantity Surveyor (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their commercial team with a Senior Quantity Surveyor for our SMB joint venture framework. Based at our Maple Lodge (Rickmansworth) office you will be providing commercial support for a project, working closely with the operational teams.
SMB, the joint venture between MWH Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and the responsibilities will include:
• Understanding and implementing the contractual requirements of project documents, including the roles and responsibilities of all involved
• Cost management for project/section of works
• Value/change management for project/section of works
• Maintaining project risk and opportunities schedule
• Assisting procurement in the preparation and issue of subcontract documentation, enquiries and negotiations
• Financial reporting
• Providing training and support for junior commercial staff and operational staff
• Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims
• Working in compliance with the contract management tools i.e. Cemar, IFS
• Final account, preparation, audit and agreement
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Thames Water)
• A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
• BSc or HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
• Financially astute
• Relevant CSCS Card
• NEC3 knowledge and experience
• Water industry experience
• Civils experience
• M&E experience
• Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
Business Management, Management Other
MWH Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):