Stantec Buyer (Salford Quays) 12 Month FTC in Salford, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Procurement team with a Buyer based at our head office in Salford Quays. As a buyer you will be expected to procure all goods, services and subcontractor activity in line with company, client policies and procedures. This role is for an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
You will report directly to the Head of Procurement and the responsibilities will include:
• Ability to identify and promote programme level opportunities with a view to develop, implement and manage Regional/National Framework Agreements for supply only items
• Ability to bring about and influence business change
• Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives and deliver to agreed plans
• Management of the supply chain performance
• Prepare, develop and monitor Project and Regional level Procurement Plans
• Maintain and enhance IFS database and other software and processes
• Take part in internal and external audits where required
• Gain knowledge of IFS and work towards becoming the Procurement owner and champion for the system.
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups/training, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
Buyer (Salford Quays) 12 Month FTC
• Commercially astute
• Networking and business influence
• To always carry out your Purchasing duties in-line with the CIPS Ethical Policy
• Microsoft suite of products proven track record
• Develop and maintain close working relationship with all key stakeholders
• That you demonstrate and champion the core values and behaviours of the company.
• Previous managerial experience or willing to work towards
• Construction/Utilities Technical Qualification
• Experience in a Procurement role within the Construction/Utilities
• QS/Commercial degree
• MCIPS or willing to work towards
MWH Treatment is a integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
UK-Flexible, UK-Greater Manchester–Salford