Stantec HR Advisor (Salford Quays) Maternity Cover in Salford, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their HR team with a HR Advisor based at our head office in Salford Quays for 10-12 months maternity cover. As the HR Advisor you will be responsible for providing extensive support and advice to the business whilst also supporting the regional HR Business Partner.
You will report directly to the HR Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Provide HR support to line managers in all aspects of HR
• Support in ER activities including preparing meeting documentation and attending meetings as and when required
• Provide general support to the HR Business Partners and HR Manager
• Ensure that all HR policies are kept up to date and that all associated HR paperwork is amended accordingly.
• Assist in the management & development of HR MI and reports
• Produce and send all contracts of employment and secondment terms and deal with changes to all existing terms and conditions.
• Maintain new starter, leaver, salary and ad-hoc changes on the HR database and other business systems.
• Undertake maternity, adoption and flexible working meetings as required
• Ensure all employee documentation is stored securely on the HR electronic filing system in line with current data protection legislation
• Conduct Exit Interviews with all leavers and ensure that all leaver paperwork is complete and the leaver process is followed.
• Maintain close links with payroll to monthly payroll cut off deadlines.
• Update absence/sickness/leave records.
• Ensure all relevant sickness certifications are received
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required with the general level of responsibility of this role
HR Advisor (Salford Quays) Maternity Cover
• Partly CIPD qualified
• Competent and experienced HR Generalist
• Common sense and sensitivity
• Highly organised and self-motivated team player
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good client service management skills
• Excellent Microsoft skills; IT confident
• High level of discretion
• Experience of In house HR Systems
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
UK-Flexible, UK-Greater Manchester–Salford