MWH Constructors Mechanical CAD Technician (Salford Quays) in Salford, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a CAD Technician based at our head office in Salford Quays, you will responsible for delivery of contract drawings and associated documentation.
You will report directly to the Principal Engineer and the responsibilities will include:
• Produce Mechanical general arrangement and site layout drawings which are clear, accurate, cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned safely and effectively.
• Produce Mechanical Detail drawings for the manufacture of pipework, pipe supports etc along with relevant partslists to allow procurement.
• Ensure that standard practices and details are utilised wherever possible.
• Ensure that previous similar solutions are adapted and utilised wherever possible.
• Report problems and deficiencies in the design and brief to relevant discipline engineer.
• Maintain competitiveness by ensuring drawings are produced within the durations specified.
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department.
• Ensure drawing co-ordination with all other disciplines internal and external to MWH Treatment.
• Maintain drawing files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
• Assist in ensuring a safe working environment for all staff.
• Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities.
• Ensure that drawings take full regard of all health and safety requirements.
• Consider environmental issues in all design activities.
Mechanical CAD Technician (Salford Quays)
• 2D experience (Autocad)/3D experience (Autodesk Revit).
• Bentley Projectwise
• Experience within the Water Industry.
• Experience of producing site layouts and producing detail manufacturing drawings.
• Experience of different pipe material systems.
• Understanding of the principles of engineering drawing conception and development.
• Ability to rationalise drawings and assist in the development of economic plant layouts.
• Knowledge of the general drawing requirements of a construction team.
• Ability to communicate technical proposals clearly and to understand direction by others.
• Ability to mentor less experienced member of the department.
• Ability to carry out site surveys.
• Driving licence.
• Relevant HNC/ONC, BTech HC/HD.
MWH Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):