Stantec Authorising Engineer (Thames Water & Southern Water Regions) in Site Based, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their operations team with an Authorising Engineer for our SMB and CMDP joint venture frameworks. Covering the Thames Water and Southern Water regions you will be is the focal point and sets the culture for an organisations electrical H&S management.
SMB, the joint venture between MWH Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames Water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
CMDP is a joint venture between MWH Treatment and Costain and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Quality and Takeover Lead and the responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the H&S team in matters of electrical safety.
• Authoring and administration of electrical safety rules. Maintenance of rules in line with legislative, regulatory or industry changes.
• Providing professional and technical guidance on electrical construction & electrical contracting delivery.
• Owns, interprets, administers and monitors use of the JV LV Electrical Safety Rules.
• Ensuring that any amendments to the JV LV Electrical Safety Rules are brought to the attention of, and are understood by, all JV Responsible Persons, and JV Authorised Persons.
• Interview, train and competence assess potential JV Authorised Persons and subsequent appointment.
• Undertakes AP audits and annual appraisals.
• Conducts the audit set out in the Institute of Engineering and Technology’s (IET) Code Of Practice for Electrical Safety Management annually or on significant change of the electrical management system
• Works with procurement staff to assist in the competence vetting of JV supply chain partners.
• Involvement with key stakeholders for related SSOW’s such as Hydraulics and ATEX/DSEAR.
• Maintaining the identity and importance of the Electrical Safety Rules to the wider business. Electrical safety awareness training for PM’s and Construction Managers.
• Attendance on MWH national Authorising Engineer review panels.
• Working with our supply chains in areas of quality management and review and comment upon NICEIC and BS7671 model forms of certification.
Authorising Engineer (Thames Water & Southern Water Regions)
• Relevant Electrical and H&S Qualification
• 18th Edition
• Registered with a relevant engineering institution
Environmental Health & Safety
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
UK-Southern Water Region, UK-Thames Region