MWH Constructors General Foreman (Scottish Water - Edinburgh/Galashiels) in Site Based, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their operations team with a General Foreman for our ESD joint venture framework. Based on one of our projects either near Edinburgh or Galashiels you will support the Site Agent to coordinate the safe management of a section of work on major projects or control all site activities on a smaller project ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are set.
ESD is a joint venture between MWH Treatment, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water’s Non-Infrastructure programme.
You will report directly to the Site Agent and the responsibilities will include:
• In conjunction with the Site Manager, co-ordinate and control initial site set-up, actively installing ESD systems and procedures
• Rigorously apply and enforce methods and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of ESD’s resources.
• In conjunction with the Site Manager, appraise the security risk to all ESD property under your control and install security levels commensurate to the relative values.
• Actively support the Site Manager to maintain and enforce safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with ESD’s safety policies
• Work to method statements and risk assessments.
• Ensure compliance to all HS&E policies and procedures
General Foreman (Scottish Water - Edinburgh/Galashiels)
• ONC or HNC in a construction discipline
• First Aid
• Preferably confine space trained
• Experience within the water treatment industry (Non-Infrastructure)
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):