Stantec Health & Safety Advisor (Thames Water) in Site Based, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their SHEW team with a Health and Safety Advisor for our SMB joint venture framework. Based out of the Borehamwood office, you will work as part of the SHEW team to support the portfolio lead and SHEW Manager.
SMB, the joint venture between MWH Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the SHEW Lead and the responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the company’s SHEWW policies.
• Assist the Project Manager or Framework/Project SHEW/E Manager in preparing and developing the Framework/Project Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan (‘HASEMP’) & coordinator reviews.
• Undertake site SHEW inspections and audits as required.
• Assist where necessary with tenders and presentations to external bodies.
• When directed, assist with the preparation of SHEW risk assessments and Method Statements
• Assist with the monitoring and reporting of Project SHEW Performance as directed.
• Support in the investigation of incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed.
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of SHEW training courses and ensure that staff with specific SHEW responsibilities have received the appropriate training. Organise the relevant SHEW Training where required.
• Actively promote Delivery North SHEW campaigns in addition to the implementation of best practice principles across the business, to include stakeholders such as the supply chain.
• Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relation to SHEW management and responsibilities including appropriate qualification and professional.
• Obtain competency cards in line with company Competence Card Compliance policy, e.g. CSCS / CCNSG.
Health & Safety Advisor (Thames Water)
• SHEW related experience
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate and IEMA Associate Qualification or equivalent NVQ
• Professional Membership: Tech IOSH and AIEMA or equivalent
• CSCS Card
Environmental Health & Safety
MWH Treatment is a integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):