MWH Constructors Site Engineer (Scottish Water) in Site Based, United Kingdom
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their project delivery team with two Site Engineers for our ESD joint venture framework. Based on a project in the South of Edinburgh and Galashiels region, you will take full responsibility for overall contracts setting out and site management functions allocated by the Site Manager during site occupancy. Ensuring site safety is maintained in line with ESD standards. Maintaining and maximising quality of service and profitability.
ESD is a joint venture between MWH Treatment, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water’s Non-Infrastructure programme.
You will report directly to the Construction Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, actively installing ESD systems and procedures
• Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, method analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources
• Ensure method statements and risk assessments are appropriate for work being carried out
• Responsible for developing the construction element within the PEP.
• Co-ordinate site setting out to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary
• Ensure that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors
• Setting out the works to company standards and contract programme requirements, ensuring effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors
• Actively leading and responsible for the monitoring of the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan and maintaining as built records
• Assisting the site management team to engender the HS&E culture on site to meet ESD’s stringent targets and expectations
• Helping to ensuring a suitable level of customer engagement is maintained, using ESD’s support services where appropriate
• Assisting in the budgetary control of all construction activities including close liaison with the commercial team
• Compile data and records to assist the Site Agent and commercial team to monitor resources utilised and determine activity costs
Site Engineer (Scottish Water)
• Civil Engineering background, preferably with a contractor in the Water Industry
• Several years site construction experience
• Setting out experience
• NRSWA training preferred
•Confined space training experience useful
• First Aid
• CAT 4d
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):